Commercial function from PIB Automotive Practice Group
Adrian Robinson, Managing Director, PIB Automotive Practice Group
Flood response planning for the automotive trade – perceive, minimise danger and cut back harm
Flooding can have a devastating affect on your small business. Since industrial properties
are twice as prone to be in danger from flooding in comparison with the common British property1, it’s important you’re ready within the occasion of a catastrophe.
Within the UK, Higher London has the best variety of industrial properties within the 200-year flood zone (41,946). West Yorkshire is the area with the second highest quantity (10,396). Each areas have confronted current flooding with thunderstorms inflicting superior floor water flooding – in London final summer season, and the Calder Valley in Yorkshire being affected by quite a few floods over the past decade.
Floods threaten companies, but in a survey by FloodFlash2, solely 42% claimed to have enterprise interruption insurance coverage.
Assist guarantee your small business is extra flood resilient by contemplating:
- Perceive the danger of flooding to dealerships
- What bodily measures might be undertaken to minimise dangers
- Implications from an insurance coverage perspective
- Determine and mitigate danger
- Set up a flood response plan
- Spotlight the quantity or buildings in flood danger areas
- What to do within the occasion of a flood, akin to transferring autos to security
- What to have in a Enterprise Continuity Plan at least
With local weather change resulting in a larger danger of floods, it’s essential to take precautionary steps now to guard your small business.
For extra info, please contact Adrian Robinson, Managing Director, PIB Threat Administration, t: 07753 984433
1 The FloodFlash Business Threat report 2022 – 2nd Version
2 The FloodFlash Business Threat report 2022 – 2nd Version