Automobiles manufacturers are all the time eager to emphasize how distinctive their mannequin designs are and to counsel they’ve one thing particular to supply drivers with every new mannequin. Whereas certainly many groups have developed artistic philosophies and are experimenting with new supplies, the inspiration of automobile design has advanced little or no from early fashions. The three-box physique configuration—comprised of engine, passenger, and cargo—accounts for the majority of immediately’s fleet. However is it time for a change?
Lotus believes that the shift to electrical propulsion provides the proper alternative to rethink car design. The corporate is refocussing design to mirror the inherent strengths of the EV’s powertrain and dynamics. This month, Automotive World takes a more in-depth take a look at what which means in concrete phrases.
We additionally hear from Divergent on a very revolutionary method to constructing automobiles and discover a few of the unanswered legal responsibility questions round autonomous autos. Battery materials improvements and India’s journey in the direction of future mobility additionally come underneath the highlight on this month’s version.
On this concern:
- Are clients prepared for EV-centric automobile design?
- Tata Motors: India is on the cusp of a brand new epoch of mobility
- Sodium ion various has automotive software as lab outcomes ship promise
- An inside take a look at legal responsibility within the period of autonomous autos
- Can the electrical revolution thrive with out cobalt?
- The place subsequent for linked mobility in India?
- Automotive is at a powertrain engineering crossroads
- AUTOSAR partnership key in tackling the large query round autonomous autos
- Does Canada have what it takes to change into a world EV innovation hub?
- Divergent’s digital manufacturing answer tackles financial and environmental ache factors
- Norton: bikes should be reinvented for the electrical frontier
- Autos of the long run may very well be developed like smartphones
- Asia is main the gigafactory push: how can others sustain?
- Daimler Truck Innovation Middle India: international software program and ZEV hub