China is the most important automobile market on the planet. Because of energetic authorities involvement, it’s also a frontrunner in electrical automobile uptake. Its customers are among the many most tech-savvy and enthusiastic digital adopters wherever, making it a very receptive marketplace for autonomous driving. These elements have created an ideal storm for brand spanking new mobility pioneers, considered one of which—Xpeng—is attracting international consideration.
Quite a few manufacturers are gunning to tackle Tesla, the poster baby of EV success, however this one might have extra of an opportunity than others. This month we sit down with President and Vice Chairman Brian Gu to seek out out why. This version additionally options an in-depth have a look at the potential lack of tech help for the software-defined automotive, an answer to the issue of L3 driving handover, the regulatory patchwork round AVs within the US, the comparatively empty third dimension and the price of cleansing up CV diesels.
On this problem:
- Rising stars: Xpeng provides Tesla a run for its cash
- May the cognition Goldilocks zone resolve the problem of semi-autonomous driving?
- Regulatory patchwork threatens autonomous freight progress
- Digital actuality options ease the transition to e-mobility
- Infotainment: product differentiator and security hurdle
- How is Nissan harnessing motorsport for mainstream electrical automobiles?
- eVTOLs are a part of a “new period of co-existence” in mobility
- Is there an expiry date for linked automobile software program help?
- Sensible charging practices are important to EV battery well being
- AVs will change into cell audio-visual expertise centres
- FCC SpaceX satellite tv for pc ruling advances autonomous automobile improvement
- Model loyalty: automakers change into relationship service consultants
- What’s the price of cleansing up business automobile diesels?
- Is ‘Imaginative and prescient Zero’ viable?