In case your PC received’t boot, there’s a great likelihood that the ability provide often is the supply of the problem. In earlier movies, we’ve outlined a number of indicators that your energy provide could also be failing, however on this one, we’ll go over some fundamental troubleshooting to isolate and hopefully clear up the issue.
First, we’ll want to verify that this isn’t an area electrical problem.
- Take a look at whether or not the issue is expounded to your wall socket or a blown fuse purchase plugging the PC right into a identified working outlet
- Verify that the ability cable just isn’t the problem by swapping for a identified working cable
- Verify all energy cable connections for tightness
- Verify the ability swap on the rear of the PSU to verify it’s within the | place
- Verify the PSU for exterior put on or harm probably brought on by overheating
Should you’ve accomplished these steps and your PC will nonetheless not boot, you possibly can carry out what’s known as a Jumper Take a look at to judge the performance of the PSU itself.
- Utterly disconnect your energy provide from the motherboard and your energy cable. For modular energy provides depart the 20-pin connector connected. You’ll want it in a sec.
- Bend a metallic paperclip right into a U-Form
- With the Energy Provide swap within the O place and unplugged, insert one finish of the paperclip into the inexperienced pin and the opposite right into a black pin.
- Plug within the PSU and flip the ability swap. In case your PSU fan spins, which means it’s getting energy and has not failed utterly. This might nonetheless imply a partial failure is inflicting your points, but it surely might additionally imply the issue is elsewhere. If the fan doesn’t spin, it’s time to exchange that energy provide.
That’s it! Try the Velocity Micro blog for extra PC troubleshooting ideas and tips to assist get you again up and working.
Charlie has been a member of Velocity Micro’s crew since 2018. He has a love for each graphic design and PC gaming.